Sunday, December 11, 2011

Dashing Through the Bush

     I realize it has been a while since my last update and I apologize! I have been waiting for semething blog worthy to happen so that I would actually have somethinging interesting to write about rather than just rambling on about fluff. So, this past weekend has been pretty exciting and I feel it desereves some notation.
     Friday night began the holiday cheer. We gathered as a base to decorate for Christmas. We hung stockings for every single person, assembled the tree, garnished the dining room and kitchen, and topped the night off with a base-wide viewing of Home Alone. It was really special for all of us to come together to fellowship and ring in, if I do say so myself, the best holiday season. This morning, Sunday, our base volunteered at a festival of sorts. We live just up the street from a train station and this morning they decided to have a bit of a community gathering where there was dancing, singing, art, yummy treats, and trains. Lots of trains. It was such a blast to be able to again perform my testimony and showcase other dances we as a school have been working on. That is about all for the weekend. It was a good one.
       Now for a quick outreach update. A few meetings later, Team Russia has discovered something spectactular. This venture is not going to be as pricey as we were expecting! This is obviously fantastic news. It is going to be almost half the price of what we originally thought. Please continue to pray there will be no complications as we request our visas and also that we will be able to purchase the best airfare. You guys are great! I suppose I should rest up; this week's lecture topic is Lordship. I've heard it's a toughy. Keep your eyes peeled. I may be dropping by a church service one of these days. Here are some pictures, courtesy of my deal friend Paige Motz.


Paige and I at our Christmas Party
                                                     

Oh that's just Jake. 

Merry Christmas

Every good holiday party needs some tasty holiday treats.

My very own stocking!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment