Monday, January 23, 2012

Hello Blessing

     Sorry all. I know it has been a few weeks since my lastest update but things are spinning here! I feel like I haven't stopped to breathe in two weeks. So now, as I catch my breath, I thought I would fill you all in on what's been happening around here.
     Since Airlie life on base has pretty much revolved around gearing up for outreach. Russia here I come. We have been writing sermons and testimonies, preparing skits and dances, and of course HEAPS of team building. This past weekend Team Russia traveled up to Toowoomba for a weekend outreach. Having been to Airlie I thought I had seen the best. But, once we arrived I was in complete awe. I stood on top of a mountain with my team and realized just how blessed we are. After we scooped our jaws off the ground, from the view, we began our never ending cleaning day. On the very top of this mountain resides Camp Toowoomba. It's basically just a place where 3 or 4 ministries merge and work together to reach their community. So we, as YWAMers, tried to bless them in the best way we knew how. We scrubbed that place from top to bottom. On Sunday morning I witnessed one of the coolest things since I have been here. My team led a church service. It may sound minor but I could not have been more proud. Three of the members led an awesome time of worship and then one of the leaders gave the sermon. It was just so awesome to see the growth and the potential in our team. Overall it was a weekend of major blessing, unbelievable fellowship, and outstanding potential.

     The last exciting bit of info I have to share is about finances. Since we all got back after New Years we have been sharing weekly outreach finance updates. The first week I stood up and shared how much I still was in need of and they wrote it on the board along with eveyone elses needs. Week two, when my turn came around to give an update, I stood up, said how much I still needed and then one of my friends here turned around to me and said "No worries. I'll cover that". That night the money was on my bed. Hello blessing.
       So I now have all my outreach funds! PTL. I leave in two and a half weeks so I will probably crank out one more blog. Keep an eye out!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment